Assistant Project Coordinator Required on Urgent Basis
Dated:March 20, 2015
Position: Assistant Project Coordinator
Duration: 2 Months
Type of assignment: Full-time
Duty Station: Gujranwala
Deadline for application: 5th April 2015
BARGAD is a leading organization for youth development, which promotes peace, justice and cooperation among youth in Pakistan. Based in its main office in Gujranwala, It is urgently looking for a full time Assistant Project Coordinator under the project “Peace Conference”. Project Coordinator will be overall responsible for the project monitoring and evaluation activities.
General scope of the job
The Assistant Project Coordinators will assist the Project Coordinator in the overall implementation of the project till completion and will assist in organizing in each individual and team orientated meetings including a press conference prior to the Peace Conference.
Core responsibilities and tasks
- Organizing coordination meetings of Project Coordinator with consultants of the project
- Assist Project Coordinator in developing content for IEC material, brochure and leaflet
- Prepare media list to invite media and journalists
- Overall listing of the participants
- Assisting Project Coordinator in organizing 1day conference prior to the event
- Assisting Project Coordinator in preparing reports of the meetings, press conference and the event
- Communicate with media persons as journalists regarding press conference and the peace conference
- Assisting Project Coordinator in communication with Umeed Jawan partners, government officials, CVE experts, members of civil society and intellectuals
- Assisting in preparing reports to the project board, highlighting areas of concern and preparing the documentation for review at meetings.
- Logistic arrangement for organizing individual meetings
- Assisting in organizing press conference prior to the event
Competencies and Qualification:
Suitable candidates should have a degree of Bachelor of Arts in a field related to Social Sciences and/or management and experience in technical writing. At least three (3) years of proven experience with:
- Overall management of project till execution and completion, technical writing & report writing, organizing project meetings, keen observation about material designing
She/He should also have:
- Understanding of youth development, with a focus on participation, peace building, joint management and gender issues; Familiarity with and a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local organizations and building local capacities for youth development; Willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders; Computer skills; Leadership qualities, personnel and team management (including mediation and conflict resolution).
She/He should also have demonstrated experience in:
- Assisting the project from implementation till successful completion.